Sunday 3 November 2013

sleek flushed


A week or two ago I asked Twitter for winter blush recommendations, preferably not high end and the two specific blushes that kept cropping up were Sleek's Blush in Pomegranate and Flushed. After searching for swatches, the two seems almost identical bar the fact that Pomegranate contained shimmer, whereas Flushed did not. So I settled for Flushed, not being a big fan of glittery cheeks, and went about searching through the blushers I already own for one by Sleek to see if the formula was up to par. And right at the back of my blush drawer was one still wrapped in cellophane, brand new and the shade? The very one I'd decided that I would buy the next day. If that isn't a sign of owning too much makeup, I don't know what is.
Anecdotes aside, I've been using this blush by Sleek for and I'm thoroughly impressed. The pigmentation is incredible considering the low price tag, but you have to extremely careful when applying it to your cheeks as any more than a few light taps of your brush into the pan and that's you gone from looking like you've been out in the cold to being a stand-in for a circus act. I adore the shade, it's a deep berry red that brings warmth to the face and - as the name suggests - gives a "flush" of colour. The formula is faultless, lasts all day on my skin and as a bonus goes perfectly with one of my all-time favourite lipsticks, MAC Brick-O-La.

Any other Sleek blush shades that I need to try out? At less that £5 each, I can afford one or two more... right?

9 comments:

  1. Sleek have such lovely products within their line :D this blush shade is so vivid and beautiful. Looks perfect for the Autumn time :)

    Sophia Meola | A Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is such a beautiful shade, fair too red for my skin tone but it is really lovely xx

    Beautyqueenuk xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never bought products from Sleek before, but the packaging looks like high end products, i was pretty surprised to see that the price you bought it for was less than £5!! That's a pretty awesome considering that the blush is really pigmented and the colour is very lovely! This would really go well in Winter ^_^ Great Buy!! ~~

    xx
    www.beautifyinglifee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have (and love) Pomegranate, but I need this one in my life too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't own ANY Sleek blushes but I don't know why because everyone seems to love them! The pigmentation does look incredible.
    xxx

    Sarah Nunn | UK Style Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. So want to try sleek blushes they sound amazing xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks gorgeous, I'll have to hunt it down!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow so so pigmented! I love this sort of shade, scary in the pan but gorgeous when it's actually on. Still need to try a sleek blush! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This blush is SOO beautiful! Sleek products are such good quality, I have an eyeshadow palette, and I love it. Wish it was easily accessible in the states! xx

    ReplyDelete