Wednesday 18 September 2013

september birchbox

Molton Brown Ylang-Ylang Nourishing Body Lotion | ModelCo. Party Proof Lipstick in Kitty
Aromatherapy Associates Revive Body Gel | Révérence de Bastien Nail Polish in Number 14
Green & Black's White Chocolate | Bioderma Sensibio H2O Micelle Solution

This month's Birchbox is a bit of a mixed bag (quite literally). There's a couple of really great things in there but there are also one or two products that I can't help but feel are there just to take up some space and bulk the box out, like the Molton Brown Ylang-Ylang Nourishing Body Lotion. I received a shower gel from the same brand, in the same scent, in the same bottle last month and they remind me of those little bottles you get in hotels, not a "luxury sample" or whatever Birchbox are calling them. I initially thought that the Aromatherapy Associates Revive Body Gel was a shower gel, but it turns out to be some kind of body lotion which isn't particularly thrilling either, but it's a decent size and will be used up.
On the other hand, the nail varnish is perfect. By the brand Révérence de Bastien and in number 14, this dark wine red is just the shade that's been missing from my collection and is the epitome of autumn. I'll have a nail of the day wearing this soon.
I was quite excited when I saw the lipstick in the box, but it turned out that the shade I got was a light pink nude that I won't get any use from so I'll have to pass it on. After looking at the other colour options on the Birchbox website it seems that I would have been stuck with a light nude shade whichever lipstick I got, so at least I'm not missing out on some gorgeous hot pink or anything. Because you can't have nice things if I can't have nice things.
Also in the box was a tiny bar of Green & Black's white chocolate (it's only a little bigger than my thumb) and a mini bottle of Bioderma Sensibio H2O Micelle Solution, which could not be more perfect for travelling if it tried. This will be extremely handy for a weekend away, and is also refillable so I can top it up easily.

You can subscribe to Birchbox here for £10 per month plus postage (if you click my link we'll both get £5 worth of Birchbox points too!).

4 comments:

  1. This is the first birch box that i've seen that looks half decent, getting Bioderma looks good. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are some really lovely items there!! :D Great review!
    I am a new follower on your blog :D
    www.artevolve.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like there's some really nice things there! I think I would get use out of the Molten Brown body lotion and Bioderma!

    Rachael | overdosedemaquillage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete