Tuesday 7 August 2012

betrousse spring beauty box

I was lucky enough to win a Betrousse Spring Beauty Box over on Been There, Done That, Got The Lipstick but of course just because I didn't pay for it doesn't mean my opinion is swayed in the slightest!
Betrousse is one of the newer additions to the beauty box world, however it's concept is rather different from all the other beauty boxes out there.
Instead of paying monthly, you can pick a certain "kit" on the website, and you know exactly what it's got in it (a bit like Latest in Beauty's themed boxes, here's a post I did on one of their boxes). All the products are full-sized and are French brands, so it gives us UK ladies a chance to try something new at a discounted price - my box is worth £78 and is being sold for £19. Bargain.
At the moment there are four boxes on offer, the Summer Break kit, the Must Haves kit, the Organic & Natural Beauty kit, and my kit, the Spring Beauty kit.

So, what's inside?
Laboratoires Forte Pharma Turboslim Chronoactiv - This is a weight loss tablet thingy. I'll try it out but since I don't really pay that much attention to my weight (so long as my dress size doesn't change, I'm happy where I am) but this may come in use around Christmas time! The pack contains 28 tablets, will last around half a month and is available at Boots and Superdrug.

Voulez-Vous Warming Body Oil - Ooh-err! I don't think I'll be using this for it's *ahem* intended purpose but I'll try to use this as a body lotion and see how it goes. There is 10ml in the packet and it's pina colada (scented? flavoured? I don't know).

BYS Cosmetics Lipstick in Chocolate Sparkle - I'm rather excited to try this out, partly because it's a brand I've never heard of and partly because I've never tried a bronze lipstick before - I've always gravitated to pinks, reds and corals. Also it retails for only £3 and this website carries the makeup line and ships to the UK so if I'm impressed I can order a few more!
Sentara Bio Relaxing Intense Balm Eye & Lip Contour - I'm not exactly sure what this product does, but the box mentions it reduces under-eye circles so I've been using it as an eye cream. I'm expecting great things as the price tag is a hefty £39, and I'll be sure to update you if any miracles happen.

Allo Nature Organic Hand Sanitizer - I don't take hand sanitizer with me on a day to day basis as I never feel like I need it, so I'll be saving this for I go to London as my hands always feel grubby after I've been on the public transport there. The bottle is quite large and holds 75ml and the gel has a lovely lemony scent.

You can check out the Betrousse website here.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I too tagged you for a Liebster award if you want to check it out - apparently these things are all over the place. Sorry if it's annoying - this is the one and only time I'm doing anything like it I think!
    http://nailedit1.blogspot.co.nz/2012/08/liebster-award-and-naked-nails.html#more

    ReplyDelete